Saturday, June 27, 2009

ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE...

I am not my car, I am not my clothes, nor am I the house I live in or anything I posses or the friends I hang out with, although I may choose to become like them.
I came into this world with nothing, and the only thing I can take away with me when I go is what I have learned and the kind of person I have become because of my choices.
It seems to me that it would behoove us all to worry a great deal more about the kind of person we are going leave as, then all the things we are going to leave behind. Why is this so hard to keep in mind???

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I think it has to do with the physical body. Here on this earth, in this body we are earthbound--it is hard to remember the eternal, the spirit, or the soul.

    Sometimes it boggles my mind, to realize it is my spirit inside this physical body which makes it move and speak. A body which, when I move on, will slip away like an old glove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am meant to read this today… So true, so true, it is not what we have but who we are as spiritual beings... It's not what car I drive but how I was able to help people; It is not how much money I have, but how I've been able to help those less fortunate; it is not how I look, but how I look at and treat others. By focusing on the Light that shines in all people, the Light inside me becomes brighter too. This earthly life is temporary, we must prepare for the life eternal, through Gratitude and Grace... Live this life with a pure heart, the best we can, and by the Love and Grace of the Master, we can move on to the eternal.
    Thank you for this post of reminders.... Love and Light, Nina P.

    ReplyDelete